Beth Manning, LMT
After spending years hunched over a computer for the nine to five with nagging pains and living for weekends filled with outdoor adventures, Beth decided to leave her desk job and enroll in massage school.
She graduated from the American Institute of Alternative Medicine in East Brunswick, NJ. As she focused on refining her clinical and orthopedic massage skills, she was frustrated when clients continued to return with the same issues.
Determined to help clients make more lasting changes, she discovered NeuroMuscular Reprogramming (NMR), which uncovers and treats the root cause of the pain by correcting muscle imbalances and teaching the body how to move confidently and pain-free. After feeling her own chronic injuries improve from this unique way of looking at the body, Beth became a certified NMR practitioner.
She now utilizes a blend of soft tissue work, stress reduction, breathing techniques and neuromuscular work to balance the body. Beth regularly treats clients whose goal is to move confidently again following an injury or surgery or who have chronic pain.
She has also worked with numerous athletes including professional cyclists, triathletes, Cross Fitters, rowers, equestrians, golfers and multiple Iron Man finishers. Combining her skills she empowers clients to learn how to move pain-free in sport and everyday life in a healthy and sustainable way.
A serious cyclist since 2004, Beth has competed in mountain, cyclocross and road races and rides and occasionally races for Pure Energy Racing in Lambertville, NJ. She also enjoys hiking with her dog Izzy and any activity that brings her outside.
Modalities and Tools:
- Massage (Swedish/Myofascial Deep tissue)
- Pre- and post-sports massage
- Active Isolated Stretching
- Cranio Sacral Therapy
- Completed upper and lower body orthopedic intensives with James Waslaski
- Certified Neuromuscular Reprogramming practitioner and studied under Jocelyn Olivier, founder of NeuroMuscular Reprogramming (similar to NeuroKinetic Therapy)
- Primal movements and crawling (effective for gait development and building a strong, resilient body)
- Joint capsule release (treating frozen shoulders and hips/shoulders with limited range of motion)
- Certified in NeuroMuscular Therapy
- Reiki 1 Certified
Learn more about what you can expect from a session.
*Beth is a licensed massage therapist in NJ, is nationally licensed through the NCBTMB and is fully insured through AMTA.