Beth Manning, LMT
After spending years hunched over a computer for the nine to five with nagging pains and living for weekends filled with outdoor adventures, I decided to leave my desk job and enroll in massage school.
After I graduated from the American Institute of Alternative Medicine in East Brunswick, NJ, I quickly focused on refining my clinical and orthopedic massage skills, but was frustrated when clients continued to return with the same issues.
Determined to help clients make more lasting changes, I discovered NeuroMuscular Reprogramming (NMR), which uncovers and treats the root cause of the pain by correcting muscle imbalances and teaches the body how to move confidently and pain-free. This unique way of looking at the body helped my own chronic injuries improve. I knew I had found my passion and certified as an NMR practitioner.
Today I utilize a blend of movement assessments, stress reduction and breathing techniques, craniosacral and neuromuscular work to balance the body and to help re-educate pain-free movement. I regularly treat clients whose goal is to move confidently again following an injury or surgery or who have chronic pain.
I also work with numerous athletes including professional cyclists, runners, triathletes, Cross Fitters, rowers, equestrians, golfers and multiple Iron Man finishers. Combining my skills, I empower clients to learn how to move functionally and pain-free in sport, empowering clients to live in a healthy and sustainable way.
A serious cyclist since 2004, I’ve competed in mountain, cyclocross and road races and train and occasionally race for Pure Energy Racing in Lambertville, NJ. I also enjoy kettlebells, hiking with my dog Izzy and any activity that brings me outside.
Modalities and Tools:
- Certified Neuromuscular Reprogramming practitioner and studied under Jocelyn Olivier, founder of NeuroMuscular Reprogramming (similar to NeuroKinetic Therapy)
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Assessment (DNA)
- CranioSacral Therapy (1&2)
- Completed upper and lower body orthopedic intensives with James Waslaski
- Primal movements and crawling (effective for gait development and building a strong, resilient body)
- Joint capsule release (treating frozen shoulders and hips/shoulders with limited range of motion)
- Reiki 1 Certified
- Certified in NeuroMuscular Therapy (NMT)
- Massage (Swedish/Myofascial Deep tissue)
- Active Isolated Stretching
Learn more about what you can expect from a session.
*I’m a licensed massage therapist in NJ, nationally licensed through the NCBTMB and fully insured through AMTA.